We checked in with EHH members after last year’s annual general meeting to get some perspective on our group as a whole and what interests us. Here’s a quick overview of the results.
Meetings and events
- Best days to attend meetings: Tuesdays
- Most important factor for meeting location: parking location and cost
- Most popular topics for upcoming meetings: apps for productivity, negotiating fees, social media, networking tips, creating effective contracts, bookkeeping tips
- Preferred meeting format: a mix of presentations from a designated speaker and open discussion
- Most popular ideas for other events: group social, carpooling to nearby Editors Canada chapters’ meetings, an online discussion group, a book club
- Importance of larger-scale annual professional event: somewhat important
- Preferred larger-scale professional event format: professional development with a speaker
- How long have you been editing?
- What best describes your work situation?
- Most popular types of editing: copy editing, proofreading, stylistic editing
- Most popular sectors: corporate, scholarly, education, trade, medical
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey! The exec team has planned this year’s upcoming programming with the results in mind.
It’s going to be a great year!
Savanna Scott Leslie